Just how in poor health could a picnic be if a picnic could be sick? Oh, I’ll tell you how sick! We’re talkin’ level up, mile-high, triple-decker BLT sick! Leave your lame deli meats at home and save the dainty salad jars for your Pinterest board. We’re going to amp up your picnic game by frying taking place in the works some feta stuffed green tomatoes and mashing occurring a killer green mayo. So go forth! fabricate an epic tower of picnic delight, grab a basket, and complete outta the house. Today, we picnic!
The ingredient of Fried Green Tomato BLT in Seconds
- 6 slices bread
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 green tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices red tomato
- salt staple
- 1 cup flour staple
The instruction how to make Fried Green Tomato BLT in Seconds
- Get toasted - Toss all of your bread in the toaster (it might take a few rounds to get all the slices toasted . . . unless you have a monster toaster).
- Bacon time - Place a pan over medium high heat. Add your bacon to the pan and cook until just crisp, flipping halfway through. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Leave the bacon fat in the pan, add olive oil so there is a layer of fat on the entire surface of the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and weu2019ll get back to it in a bit.
- Make the green mayo - Grab your mortar and pestle. Toss the basil and mint into the mortar. Grate the lemon into the mortar and sprinkle in some salt. Mash it up into a paste. Next, add your mayo, stir it up, and set aside.
- Green tomato time - Grab 3 bowls. Place flour in one, eggs in another, and bread crumbs in the last. Whip up the eggs. Using a serrated knife, cut 2 thick slices from the tomato. Grab your goat cheese and press it into the gooey crevices of the tomato slices. With each tomato slice, roll it in the flour bowl, dunk it in the egg, and roll it around in the bread crumbs (donu2019t let your cheese fall out!). Place the breaded slices into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, flip, cook 3 more minutes and remove from the pan.
- Build your BLTs - For each sandwich, start with a slice of toast. Spread it with green mayo, all the way to the edges. Slice up your red tomato and place a slice on top of the mayo. Top with 1 slice of bacon torn in half. Grab another piece of toast and smear it with mayo and place it (mayo side down) on top of the bacon. Top the second piece of toast with 2 lettuce leaves. Add another slice of bacon, torn in half. Top the bacon with a fried green tomato. Grab the last of the toast, smear it with mayo, and top the sandwich (mayo side down). Place two toothpicks in each sandwich, in opposite corners, so when you cut it in half diagonally each half gets a toothpick to hold it together. Now cut your sandwiches in half (diagonally, because itu2019s prettier) and ogle the gorgeous layers!
- Hot Tip - Breading Hands - When breading anything, always keep one hand for wet ingredients and one for dry so keep it neat.
Nutritions of Fried Green Tomato BLT in Secondscalories: 1390 calories
carbohydrateContent: 141 grams
cholesterolContent: 300 milligrams
fatContent: 74 grams
fiberContent: 6 grams
proteinContent: 41 grams
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams
sodiumContent: 2550 milligrams
sugarContent: 14 grams