taking into consideration summer squash is in abundance, this easy and healthy sheet-pan dinner makes an excellent weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Sheet Pan Yellow Squash and Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow summer squash
- 1 pound cooked chicken sausage roughly more or less 6 contacts per lb.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
The instruction how to make Sheet Pan Yellow Squash and Chicken Sausage
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and slice each half into scant 1/2-inch half moons. (If the squash is narrow, simply cut it into 1/2-inch rounds; do not halve the squash first.) Slice the sausages into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Arrange the squash on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the squash with olive oil, and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Use a spatula to spread the squash into an even layer, coating the slices with the oil and seasonings. Scatter the sausage on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash and sausage on middle rack of oven until the squash has softened and the sausage has begun to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Open the oven and sprinkle the minced garlic over the squash and sausage slices. Use a spatula to flip the squash and sausage. Continue roasting until the squash is tender and the sausage is slightly browned, 10-12 minutes longer.
- Check to see that squash and sausage are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the dish if desired, allowing the heat from the squash and sausage slices to melt it. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sheet Pan Yellow Squash and Chicken Sausagecalories: 340 calories
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams
cholesterolContent: 115 milligrams
fatContent: 24 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 22 grams
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams
sodiumContent: 960 milligrams
sugarContent: 4 grams